Invoicing isn’t always the easiest job. Although it’s simple to put it into place, as business gets busier it’s hard to keep it up with other things getting in the way. Commitments and interruptions will always crop up and before you know it you’re behind on your invoicing again. Below we have listed some of the most challenging aspects of invoicing for a small business;
- It can be hard to get invoices out on time, when the business is thriving and work is busy it’s hard to take time out to prepare and send the invoices out to your clients.
- Similar to the last point, it takes time to send invoices but it takes even more time to follow up clients and chase payments.
- When multiple invoices are sent it can be tricky to manage payments from clients to make sure when they make payments. Sometimes the client may miss an invoice so you need to keep on top of it.
- Sometimes you will find there is a lot going on and you are doing work here, there and everywhere – it’s really important to make sure that all the work you complete is invoiced quickly and accurately on completion.
- You need to make sure your invoices don’t go to the bottom of the pile, they need to stand out but you can’t rely on a pretty invoice to get your client to pay on time.
If any of these challenging aspects of invoicing have rung alarm bells with you and you feel that these are causing you issues within your business or slowing you down from growing your business why not give us a call and see how we can help?
Here at Chromium Bookkeeping in Peterborough we are always happy to offer support, guidance and advice to help your business.
We want to help your business continue to be a huge success!